1575 7th St W

St Paul, MN

Today's Hours

(651) 228-1156

Call us now!

Auto Insurance FAQs

Auto Insurance FAQs

Who Pays My Bills if I'm Injured in a Car Accident?

In Minnesota, no matter who is at fault for the car accident, injured parties have coverage for health care expenses through "No Fault" automobile insurance.

What are No-Fault Benefits?

Minnesota No-Fault Benefits pay whenever someone has an auto-related injury:

  • In Minnesota
  • Or outside Minnesota, if they (or a family member) have a Minnesota-insured car


Coverage for Automobile Injuries

Does it have to be a car accident?

No. No-Fault also covers all sorts of injuries from the use or maintenance of a vehicle.

  • For example, a person who slips and falls on ice while filling their gas tank is covered.

Which insurance company pays?

Usually your own car insurance company pays, although not always.

What if I don't have insurance?

Almost everyone is covered, even if they don't have a car. Many people are covered through the Assigned Claims Plan.

Will my insurance rates go up?

No. It is illegal for an insurer to raise your rates just for making a No-Fault claim.

What benefits are available?

At least $20,000 for health care expenses and $20,000 more for wage and other losses.

What kind of treatment is covered?

Just about any kind of care including chiropractic, medical, dental, etc.

You can go to any doctor or clinic you choose. You don't need a referral.

What about the cost of getting to and from the doctor?

Covered. The insurer must pay your reasonable transportation costs, usually 28 to 33 cents per mile.

What if I can't work?

The insurer must pay 85% of your lost earnings, up to $250 per week.

*Above information obtained from Kane Crumley Law Firm*